Friday, June 28, 2013

Today We Discovered Why We Made The Trip




We travel through the northern Rocky Mountains in British Columbia for 7 hours today.  Every turn was a new adventure.  The mountains are a true wilderness. The roads were good except there was very little guard railing.



There were some many bridges.  Rivers were always running along the highway.  The were much larger than we see at home.


This is Summit Lake.  I was hugh and very beautiful.  I was hard to believe that nothing was happening there because it is so isolated.


This is Muncho Lake.  The highway was actually the shoreline for miles and miles.  I was tensed for miles and miles.  The color of the water was extraordinary.


All along the Alaska Highway are warning signs to be cautious of wildlife.  I literally kept my camera in the hand hoping to see these wild creatures.  This is first one we saw.  We think it is a caribou.




I can't tell have excited we were to see the animals in the wild.  They own the wilderness.  We saw lots of Bison. We came up on a herd of wild horses right on the shoulder of the highway.  I didn't the picture in time. They were all colors and to healthy looking.  Then I saw a black bear, but I was too late to get its picture.




Last but not least we finally saw Bullwinkle.  He was not easy to find.



We ended the day at Watson Lake Yukon at the Sign Post Forest where we hung our own sign.  We spotted a sign placed there by a couple from Abbeville, SC.   It is a small world, not really because today proved just the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment